Tuesday, January 9, 2007

New Adventures in New Delhi

January 8, 2007

Its official, I’m now on the ground in India. It’s been a long time coming, as I’ve always seen myself someday visiting this part of the world.

Staying at my brother Reed’s place is going to be great. The house is much larger than anticipated and is beautiful besides. There is a lot of history and character that resides at this home. When we first pulled up, Reed was explaining to me that it was his understanding that the house was designed years ago by a renowned British architect from the Raj period. I’m going to try to dig up some more information.

The hours after our arrival consisted of lots of relaxation and downtime. The jet had landed by 7:06 am and Alex and I were passed out in our beds by 9:30. Up until that point, I hadn’t slept more than 2 of the past 48 hours. I really hadn’t slept since our last night in Amsterdam.
Naps, time changes, and travel have thrown my body completely out of whack. I crashed for bed my first night here looking forward to sleeping in, instead, I’m sitting here at 7am writing this blog! I’m not worried though, as I do have 3 solid weeks to catch my breath before having to get on another airline. That fact alone should help me sleep better.

My sister-in-law, Angie, is going to take us out this afternoon and start to acquaint us with the area. We might hit up a market as well as visit the embassy (Reed’s home is actually off base).

I have a feeling India has a lot to show me, and today is the day I begin to discover just what those things are.

No comments: