Thursday, January 29, 2009

Real quick, here are a few more shots I took recently. The first is of the "above ground subway" that was only completed in the past 6 months. This brand new, bus only bridge runs through the most important sectors of the island...and also happens to have a station a block from my building. Very convenient and actually cheaper than the normal bus lines...clocking in at 30 chinese cents per ride...so cheap i haven't even bothered to figure what that works out to USD...probably a penny or so.


I spotted this little Christmas tree in a storefront window today. Its decorated with little red cards, which is the traditional gifting method for Chinese during their New Years celebrations. One simply slips some cold hard cash in these red babies and passes them around to friends and family.

While walking down Zhong Shan, the main shopping street, I clicked a shot of the giant new mall they are building as well as a billboard of a very familiar face...he's doing a good job picking up where MJ left off eh? Lebron WorldWide.

Tonight, I'm heading out for a good bye drink with one of my best friends from home, Chas. He's been studying here for the month of January and is leaving tomorrow back to Eckerd to finish up his studies. I'll probably be seeing him again in as soon as 4 or 5 months.

More soon!

No comments: