Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Safely in Xiamen, China!

Hello everyone,

Well school is out, my degree is in hand, and its time to put all that studying abroad to use. So I'm back in the city that has always treated me the best: Xiamen, China. Compared to my stint here in the Spring, I can safely say I am off to a much smoother start.

I've uploaded a video below that gives a tour of my new apartment. This apartment is much better than the one I had in the spring in every sense. The location is right smack in the middle of the island, right in the heart of the business district (where I graduate ought to be). No more rats greeting me every evening outside, no more 8 flights of stairs to march up everyday. Instead, I scan my fingerprint in the lobby, opening the door to my super fast elevators that shoot me up to the top of the tower. Of 32 stories, my apartment rests comfortably on the 30th floor, giving me an amazing view that really almost isn't fair. Take a look at the video I attached and you'll have a better idea of what $350 USD a month can get you with some diligent shopping around.

I was also fortunate enough to land a job interview by my third day on the ground. If all goes as planned, I should be starting an English teaching position within the next two weeks, after the Chinese New Year winds down.

I'll be posting more soon. Please leave me a comment or any questions you'd like answered about where I am, what I'm up to etc...

More as it comes. Xin Nian Hao! Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Niiiice apartment, brother! Missing you, and wishing you the best this year. Christian is going to drop you a note, as well. I'm going to send you an Email on your Gmail account -got some info the share.

I love you, Jesse. Be safe. R